Teeth sensitivity can be the reason for irritation and also make you go through both pain and discomfort. Ignoring this issue for a long contributes to the chances of facing severe dental problems. Sensitivity in teeth can happen because of various reasons such as worn-out enamel, exposed tooth roots, etc. Fortunately, certain domestic measures can effectively reduce tooth sensitivity.
Here at West Airdrie Dental, we always try to educate people about various aspects of oral care along with providing quality dental treatment. As the title suggests, in this blog we are going to discuss the tips for dealing with teeth sensitivity. So, if you have sensitive teeth, just go through the sections below to know what can be done.
5 Tips To Getting Rid Of Teeth Sensitivity
- Use a toothpaste that is made for sensitive teeth – You should brush your teeth with the toothpaste that is specifically designed for sensitive teeth. These kinds of toothpaste consist of ingredients that fill the tiny holes created in the enamel and dentin layer temporarily. It lessens the exposure of sensitive tooth nerves and alleviates pain to an extent.
- Use a soft toothbrush – It is advisable to buy get a toothbrush that has soft bristles. Brushing your teeth with hard bristles can damage the enamel layer of the teeth and as a result cause sensitivity in teeth.
- Be very gentle while brushing – Move your toothbrush in a circular motion. Brushing gently is necessary if you want to preserve the enamel (outermost layer of human teeth) and avoid teeth sensitivity.
- Use a nightguard – Sometimes the problem of teeth sensitivity can also be caused by grinding or clenching during the nighttime. Wearing a nightguard when you sleep can be an effective solution to this issue. All you need to do is just consult your dentist and talk to him/her about your problem. The dentist will provide you with a customized nightguard that fits you perfectly.
- Do get your gums checked – You need to know that receding or diseased gums can also be the reason for teeth sensitivity. The reason behind it is pretty simple! When the gum tissues break down and recede, there are parts of the teeth with no protection. This in fact leaves the nerves unprotected causing teeth sensitivity.
We hope that the information above has helped you gain clarity about the tips to deal with teeth sensitivity. In case, none of it resolves your issues, do not hesitate to get in touch with West Airdrie Dental. We offer a wide range of top-notch dental treatments in Airdrie. So, no matter what your dental problem is, we have a team of the best Airdrie dentists to provide a perfect solution. Give us a call to schedule your appointment today!